The ingrown hairs are also known as cystic hairs, are those that during their growth does not finish going outside. They are embedded under the deep layers of our skin. These types of hairs usually appear in different places, such as the armpits. Get the ingrown hair armpit prevention tips in the article. The legs also become very uncomfortable since many times, when trapped, they cause conditions such as pimples, itching, and pain in the affected area.
Cystic hair must be removed correctly since otherwise, the conditions can get worse until an infection is created in the pore where the hair grows.
Ingrown hair armpit prevention steps
One of the most prone areas of appearing cystic hair is the armpits since it is an area quite sensitive to this type of infections due to the accumulation of sweat and microorganisms. Incarnate hairs it is important that we remove them correctly since, if not, we will aggravate both the appearance and pain of these types of conditions. If you want to remove an ingrown hair from the armpits, we recommend that you follow this simple step by step:
- The first step to removing cystic hair is to thoroughly clean the entire axillary area with a little antibacterial soap and water. As we have said, the armpits are an area where too many bacteria and sweat accumulate, so antibacterial cleaning will help us to open the pores and prevent infections.
- When you have finished washing, dry your armpits with a soft tissue towel by tapping until it is dry.
- If granite has appeared in ingrown hair, do not open it. For the grain to burst on its own, preventing infections, we can apply hot water compresses just above the bulge for 5 or 10 minutes. In this way, we will deflate the condition and facilitate the exit of the hair to the outside.
- When the indicated time elapses, remove the compress and dry the area well.
- In the event that you do not have granites in the embedded hair, you will have to perform a gentle exfoliation in the armpit. Use a natural product that is specific to embedded hairs so as not to irritate the skin.
- After following the previous steps, the embedded hair will surely have left the most superficial layers of the skin. Now, with the help of some tweezers to depilate that you must sterilize before using, you will have to take the hair and extract it from the root very carefully.
- When you have removed all the cystic hair from your armpits, it is necessary that you use a product with antiseptic properties to prevent future infections. Remove the rest of the fluids that may be infected, such as blood, and especially pus if there is one. Whatever the antiseptic product, wet a little cotton with it and gently pass it over the areas that had ingrown hairs.
In addition to knowing how to get ingrown hair properly, it is also important that you know some home remedies. Due to its properties, it will help reduce cystic hair and prevent its appearance naturally.
Compresses with chamomile infusion
Chamomile is a medicinal herb with potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It helps reduce the pain and swelling of the pimples caused by cystic hairs and prevent the appearance of more serious infections on our skin.
To prepare this remedy, you simply have to make an infusion of chamomile and let it cool. When the infusion is warm, soak a compressor gauze in the infusion and place it on the affected area for 10 minutes, then remove it and dry the area well. You can do this as many times a day as you think necessary, but always a minimum of 2 or 3 times a day.
Thus, with this remedy, you will prevent it from becoming inflamed and infected while the hair is under the skin and you will help it come out well by keeping the superficial layers somewhat soft, being easier to break for the hair.
Natural sodium bicarbonate scrub
Another way to eliminate embedded hair and reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence is to exfoliate with sodium bicarbonate from the most prone areas. This natural product has exfoliating, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that will help you eliminate the bacteria that produce this infection and relieve the discomfort they produce, as well as remove ingrown hair. To prepare it, you just have to follow these instructions:
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with two of water in a bowl until you get a kind of pasta.
- Then apply the mixture on the area with cystic hairs with the help of a circular massage and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Finally, remove the homemade product with plenty of warm, dry water with a clean towel and soft touches.
Cotton with apple cider vinegar
Another very potent product to reduce skin conditions caused by cystic hairs is apple cider vinegar. Its richness in malic acid gives this seasoning antibacterial and exfoliating properties that help us relieve the infection and eliminate the clogging of the pores of the skin. To use this home remedy, you simply follow these guidelines:
Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and another of water and mix in a glass. Soak a cotton pad with the mixture.
Then apply the cotton on the affected areas, let it act for 10 minutes and remove it with plenty of warm water.