Depending on the type of scar and its age, currently there are different kinds of treatments to minimize or eliminate scars naturally.
What is a scar?
Scars are marks on the skin caused by wounds, burns, surgery, acne and other skin conditions. Every scar is the result of damage to the skin that the body itself tends to be repaired.
To repair this damage, more collagen than normal occurs in the process of forming a new skin and scar looks different from normal skin.
The final appearance of the scar will depend on various factors such as skin type and the type of injury, age of the person and the body part where the scar or scars are. In some cases, scar formation is accompanied by pain and / or itching.
Types of scars
- Keloid scars: they are the result of excessive production of collagen. Usually they are red, thick and larger than the original wound.
- Contracture Scars: skin edges are joined and as a result a tight area of skin is, therefore movement is substantially reduced.
- Hypertrophic scars: You bulging as keloid scars but do not exceed the limits of the initial injury.
- Atrophic scarring: caused by the destruction of collagen. They are usually rounded as those caused by acne and chicken pox.
The following recommendations are effective for recent scars. Keep in mind that the results depend on the type of skin of each person.
- Hydrate: proper hydration restores the protective function of the skin, reduces itching and itching, preventing microorganisms or allergens invade or irritate the scar.
- Exfoliate: it is advisable to exfoliate the skin scars regularly to remove dead surface cells that form scar and encourage their replacement by normal cells.
- Massage them: massaging the scars regularly helps the scar located in a joint does not hinder the movement and encourages proper lymphatic drainage. It also prevents the skin taut in the area of the scar, which can be very annoying and even painful.
- Neural Therapy: is one of the most spectacular treatments to improve or eliminate scars, especially if they have formed keloids.
Natural remedies to remove scars
- Rosehip Oil: recommended as a natural remedy to remove or lessen scars, including burns and surgery. It is applied several times a day as light massage on the scar. It can be found in health food stores and pharmacies, either in pure form, in creams and lotions. The improvement is most noticeable if this is a new scar. With the former is achieved not be noticed both over time.
- Aloe Vera Gel: the pulp of the aloe leaf scar is used as a poultice several times a day with a gentle massage. In addition to preventing infections, aloe is a powerful healing. Especially suitable for wounds and fresh scars.
- Vitamin E is one of the most commonly used natural treatments to remove scars.Vitamin E is one of the essential components in the regeneration of the skin of the scar. However, excess vitamin E can be harmful.
- Shea Butter: the product of better quality, natural and organic for all its effectiveness should be used. The skin will acquire a soft and smooth texture with time.
- Ghee or clarified butter: used in Ayurvedic medicine (ancient native Indian medicine) has antioxidant, antibacterial and anti – inflammatory properties and a molecular density similar to that of the skin. Thus it can easily penetrate the dermis.
- Snail cream: well known for its ability to reduce and eliminate scars, stretch marks and skin tags. There are some detractors but there also who have used it ensures getting good results.
Tips to reduce or eliminate scars
- Wounds should be treated as soon as possible. It is important to clean them properly and apply an antibiotic, if necessary.
- The first few days should keep the wound covered and should not get wet.
- Pay special attention to sun exposure, it is advisable to hide the wound from the sun for three months.
- Remove scars it requires perseverance.
Consult a dermatologist if the scar is raised above the skin or grows beyond the edges of the wound that originated it. In these cases, it is keloids or hypertrophic scars of which require specific medical treatments.