It seeks to promote the importance of milk pasteurization and that Sinaloa cheese makers and milk producers can produce more and better varieties of cheeses.
The project Training producers in techniques that promote and promote the added value of the milk produced in Sinaloa, supported by Fundacion Produce Sinaloa, AC, aims to transmit the techniques to make Cotija cheese, Chihuahua, Oaxaca, Manchego, panela, among other products derived from milk.
Likewise, it seeks to promote among producers the importance of pasteurizing milk intended for consumption, either as drinking milk or as raw material for its transformation into cheese or other dairy derivatives.
- 25 liters of milk
- 125 milliliters of mesophilic culture type? O?
- 3.5 milliliters of rennet
- 5 grams of calcium chloride
- 5 grams of potassium nitrate
- 50 grams of salt
- To pasteurize the milk, heat it to 65 ° C (degrees centigrade) for 30 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 34 ° C.
- Calcium chloride and potassium nitrate are dissolved separately in half a glass of water.
- Add mesophilic culture type? O ?.
- Development of acidity of the culture in the milk at 2 ° Dornic (acidity). Incubation time, one hour.
- Add the rennet, shake vigorously for 15 seconds and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the curd into cubes of approximately 1 cm³ (cubic centimeters).
- Remove one-third of the serum and shake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the curd without heat, 20 minutes.
- Heat slowly to a temperature of 39 ° C. Raise 1 ° C every 10 minutes, twice. Then 1 ° C every five minutes.
- Shake for 30 minutes, keeping the temperature at 39 ° C.
- Completely remove the serum.
- The curd is cut into blocks, which stimulates chedarization. Every five minutes the blocks are turned over. Flip them three times. Subsequently, chop into 1 to 1.5-inch cubes (inch: 2.54 cm).
- Add the salt, ensuring that there is a good mixing.
- The curd is added in molds covered with cloth.
- Press for two hours. One turn is applied and pressing is continued for 10 to 12 hours.
- The cheese is kept at 5 ° C in a special bag for vacuum packing. The cheese will be ready for consumption after 30 days.