It has been shown that yoga is very beneficial for the mind and the body. Throughout the world, yoga has been demonstrated to fight against diseases and disorders. One of the main problems that yoga has proved to be very effective against obesity. You must follow Yogasana for obesity.
Yoga is the perfect exercise for the overweight person since it is not very intense. It increases the body’s metabolism to accelerate weight loss. Yoga helps burn fat deposits and build lean muscles that will help the overweight person burn more calories faster. High levels of stress can increase weight gain or even stop weight loss in some people. Another way that yoga helps you lose weight is by controlling your appetite. Most overweight people fall into the trap of too much food or excess diets. Do yoga regularly to regulate the body’s response to hunger in the brain.
Yogasana for obesity
Below are some essential asanas (postures) that are beneficial for the obese or overweight person. Start with one or two a day along with your breathing exercises. As you go more flexible, add another asana in your routine until you are doing all the poses every day:
• Padmasana Chakra/rotation leg: Lie on your back, extend one leg in the air at a 90-degree angle to the other leg on the floor. Little by little, the leg circle to the right and the left later. Keep the rest of the body immobile.
• Paschimottanasana / Sitting forward bending: Sit with your legs extended forward of you, with your legs flexed and your feet pointing up. Move forward with your hands forward while turning towards your thighs. Keep your back straight. Hinge forward on the hips as far as your back will stay straight. Hold the position for 3 to 5 times.
• Trikonasana / Triangle Pose: Start with a full leg posture. Turn the right foot so that the right heel is at a 90-degree angle with the arch of your left foot. Extend the arms outward, turning the palms upwards. Stretch the right waist over the right leg, keeping the right leg straight. Take your hand on the ground or use a block. Stretch your left arm to the sky. Hold this position during a breath and then rise again.
• Dhunurasana / Bow Pose: Lie on your belly, stretch your arms behind you. Bend your knees and go back to hold the top of your feet. Draw your shoulders back as far as you can go, hold for 3 breaths; release.
• Ardha Halasana / Plow Half Pose: Lie on your back with your legs spread flat. Start lifting the left leg without bending the knee. Stretch your feet and legs out. Raise to a 90-degree angle, keep raising for as long as it is comfortable. Repeat with the other leg.
The five best yoga poses
Due to a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy diet, people are becoming fatter and suffering from a severe form of a physical ailment called obesity. We tell you about five Yogasana for obesity:
As the name suggests, Naukasana or the boat pose enables you to reduce belly fat, abdominal tone muscles and strengthen your lower back.
Lie on your back. Keep your hands throughout your body. Take a deep breath. Continue holding this position for a few seconds or as long as you can. He continually feels the pull in his chest, stomach, and back muscles. Return slowly to the normal position. While exhaling, relax the pose and return to the original post. Repeat the asana at least three times.
This pose is beneficial to burn the fat in your thighs, hips, and abdominal region.
Lie on your back. Now slowly raise your legs and close your hands around your knees. In this position, bring your legs close to your body. Hold this position for a few seconds. Slowly release the pose and bring the head to the ground. Once you have finished, straighten your legs and relax.
This is also called the cobra pose. This pose is especially useful for toning and stretching the arms, shoulders, buttocks, thighs, back, and abdomen. Bhujangasana is a healthy asana to lessen belly fat. If practiced usually, this pose can help you gain a flat stomach.
Lie on your belly on the floor. Put the palms on the floor next to the shoulder. Inhale and simultaneously lift your body to the navel. Hold this position for a few seconds and slowly return to the original post. Repeat the pose three times.
4. Paschimottan asana
It is also considered an excellent pose to fight belly fat. This pose helps reduce belly fat and tone your abdominal area, pelvic region, thighs, hips, and shoulders.
Sit on an open surface and span your legs in front and straighten your legs. Inhale and take your arms over your head. Now exhale and bend your body forward and try to touch your knees with your forehead. Continue holding this pose for a few seconds and continue breathing normally. Inhale and slowly return to the normal position. Repeat the post twice.
5. Veer Bhadrasana
This is also called a warrior pose. In addition to reducing body fat, this posture also helps improve body alignment and burn fat throughout the body.
Stand with your legs stretched at least a foot away. Now, move your gaze to the right, and bend your right leg to 90 degrees. Now take a deep breath and raise both arms to shoulder level. Turn your head to the right and continue holding this position for a few seconds or as long as you can. Inhale and return to the original post. Repeat the posture at least twice.
These poses, if practiced regularly, can help you reduce not only belly fat but also fat throughout the body. The reduction of belly fat is the most challenging work in the world and demands a lot of effort from the person. But it is not impossible either. With practice and patience, you can get good results in a short period.