Blood glucose monitors are equipment that are used to monitor the concentration of glucose in the blood easily. The device plays an important role in the blood glucose test that is executed by piercing the skin to draw blood. The blood is then applied to a chemically active test strips (disposable in nature). While distinct technology is used by several brands, majority of the brands utilize electrical characteristic to conclude the glucose level in blood.
It won’t be false to say that not everybody among us is comfortable in using the electronic devices. In a world where technology is governing, some of us are even scared of using such equipment. However, the blood glucose monitors, designed using the state-of-the-art technology are extremely easy and comfortable to use.
Following are some detailed steps, which can assist you in using the device:
1) Open the package with extreme caution.
2) Make sure that you have washed your hands with mild soap before proceeding further.
3) Take out the lancing device, glucose monitoring strips and the blood glucose monitor.
4) Insert a fresh (unused) lance in the lancing device. Now you need to set it to 3, which is usually achieved by rotating the base. Prime it.
5) Insert the code chip into the receptacle.
6) Once you’re done, turn on the device and wait till a code appears on the digital display. If no code appears, it means that the monitor and test strip is not synchronized properly.
7) Take out an unused glucose strip and be ready with it. Hold the lancing device vertically on the tip of your finger and release the trigger. A fine and tiny hole will be punctured in your skin. If you can’t see a small drop of blood, you might press around the area till you can.
8) Switch on the blood glucose monitor and pause until the blood icon flashes. After that, sweep the end of the glucose strip athwart the drop of blood.
9) Insert the glucose strip into the receptacle and wait for the results.
10) Note down the reading and remove the used lance as well as the glucose strip. Discard them. Turn off the device and keep it in a safe place.
With the above-mentioned steps, you can accurately keep a track on the blood sugar level without visiting a doctor for the same. The diabetic patients are advised to keep the equipment with them always. Click here for more reviews.