Do you know why yellow foods are this color? It is due to the presence of beta carotene, responsible for giving this pigment.
Ingesting fruits and vegetables in the daily diet is great to be healthy.
But do you know that depending on the color of the fruit or vegetable, they provide different nutrients to the body? So if you are a lover of some yellow food (pineapple/pineapple, mango, banana, orange, carambola, passion fruit, yellow radish, guava, potato/potato, yellow pepper/chili, corn, etc.) you are in luck.
Yellow foods are also rich in water, fiber, and carbohydrates, nutrients that should not be lacking in your diet.
Here are some benefits of foods of that color.
Benefits of Yellow Foods
- The high content of vitamin A, which helps maintain the good health of our skin, eyes, and bones.
- The high content of vitamin C, necessary for good bone and tooth health. It is also necessary for the production of collagen.
- Reduces the effect of free radicals in our body, which means that it helps to delay premature aging.
- Strengthens the body’s immune system, as it stimulates the production of white blood cells.
- Helps prevent the onset of heart disease.
Prossigio Bakery Button
- Reduces the risk of developing certain types of cancer.
- Due to its protective action, it reduces the appearance of ulcers in the stomach.
- It is good for reducing bad cholesterol in the blood
It is very easy, there is a wide variety of both sweet and salty foods, which you can easily incorporate into your diet.
For example, you can eat yellow fruits such as mango or banana (remember that, in the case of fruits, due to their sugar content, it is better to eat them than to take them in juice ), to make this snack more fun you can incorporate cheese and nuts.
For fruits such as orange or passion fruit you can make a juice with just one fruit or a maximum of two, to make it healthier, even go ahead and prepare them as vinaigrettes for salads.
In the case of vegetables such as zucchini and this group of yellow foods also include orange foods such as carrots; They are even more versatile, you can incorporate them into salads, you can prepare steamed vegetables if you want a super healthy dish, you can also try purees and creams.