Go ahead and try this delicious onion sauce on your meat dishes and take note of its steps. It’s very easy to do!
Onion sauce is perfect for adding flavor and moisture to meat dishes. When roasts or pieces of grilled veal are made, they often remain dry. Bathe the plate with a rich sauce is the best solution and, in addition, the food looks much more appetizing and elegant. Any type of meat is suitable for this simple onion sauce; It can be pork tenderloin, beef, chicken, and even fish. It can even be used to flavor pasta with meat. The recipe contains very little fat, it is ideal for a light menu. Onions cannot be missing in the pantry because, although they are not usually the protagonists, they are noted with their unique flavor.
This sauce will appeal to young and old at home, as it is not heavy and it is an original and subtle way to incorporate onions into the diet. This vegetable contains important nutrients that benefit health. Much of its content is water, which makes it a diuretic vegetable. It is also a source of vitamin C , good for strengthening the immune system against infectious diseases such as the flu. Onions have a special component called quercetin, which acts as an anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, and anticancer.
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 5 tablespoons of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- Virgin olive oil
How to prepare onion sauce for meat dishes:
- Chop the onion into fine julienne strips.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat, with a tablespoon of oil and butter.
- Sauté the onion with a pinch of salt for five minutes , stirring so that it does not burn or brown too much.
- Then add the wine. Turn up the heat and let the alcohol evaporate for two minutes.
- Lower the fire.
- Add the sugar and cook for four minutes.
- Add the meat broth. Continue cooking for two more minutes and pour in the heavy cream. Season to taste.
- Stir everything very well.
- Let cook for two more minutes and remove from heat.
- Place the onion sauce in the blender or mixer and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot.
Your family is going to love the creamy texture of the onion sauce, the mild flavor between tangy and spicy and how well it pairs with baked, grilled or grilled meats.