According to statistics, every twentieth person knows firsthand what panic attacks are like, how to deal with them – not everyone knows. The state of uncontrolled panic in certain circumstances is visited by many people. But sometimes panic attacks occur suddenly, become regular and exhausting. Then a person is diagnosed with panic attacks (PA).
- 1 Causes and Symptoms
- 2 Fighting panic attacks
- 2.1 The easiest way to get rid of panic
- 2.2 How to deal with panic attacks on your own
- 2.3 3) Daily routine
- 2.4 The essence of the method
- 3 Help of a psychologist in case of panic attacks
Causes and Symptoms
The first panic attack is a surprise, arising for no apparent reason. It is usually preceded by a negative event.
Causes of Panic Attacks
- Loss of loved ones;
- Serious conflict;
- Severe stress and depression;
- Moving or emigration.
The cause of PA can be vegetovascular dystonia and hangover syndrome.
Symptoms of Panic Attacks
Psychologically vulnerable people often become victims of panic fear.
Physiological symptoms of panic attack
- Sudden strong anxiety;
- Sensation of faintness;
- Lack of air;
- Allocation of urine.
Psychological symptoms of panic attack
- Fear of death;
- Fear of insanity;
- Social phobia.
After experiencing an attack, a person decides that he is seriously ill, but the examination does not reveal any serious violations. No one has died from this! From panic attacks, it is possible to get rid, if to learn to supervise them.
Fighting panic attacks
You can overcome the panic attack if you let go of fear during an attack.
The easiest way to get rid of panic
Tablets are the easiest way. It is advisable to resort to tablets if other methods do not help. Antidepressants and tranquilizers are harmful and cause a strong dependence. And most importantly: the use of tablets does not imply conscious resistance.
You may also like to read: Stress: Restore Calm and Balance
How to deal with panic attacks on your own
1) Eliminate the symptoms
What to do, if present …
- Lack of breathing – breathe diaphragm. If you need to stop the attack quickly – breathe in a paper bag.
- Muscle clamps – relax, alternately straining and relaxing the muscles of the body.
- Feeling of fear – smile, removing tension and anxiety.
- Sensation of panic – switch. Talk or watch people.
2) Strengthening health
The main cause of the ailment is poor physical functioning of the body.
Panic attack is provoked by
- Sedentary work;
- Lack of physical activity;
- Violation of the regime, etc.
People who do not think about health are at risk.
Therefore, independently to cope with a panic attack help …
3) Daily routine
- Get enough sleep;
- Walk in the air;
- Cold and hot shower;
- Do not use stimulants (coffee, energy, etc.);
- Review the diet;
- Do not sit in front of the TV and monitor;
- Useful work;
- Reading books.
2. Abandonment of bad habits
3. Doing sports
3) Yoga and meditation
- Yoga is work with breathing, concentration and relaxation. What is needed for a person suffering from PA;
- Meditation struggles with the cause of panic attacks: reduces stress and the person’s sensitivity to failure, teaches to relax, not to succumb to fears.
4) We throw the disease out of our heads
- Do not get hung up;
- Accept seizures as given;
- Do not chew “mental chewing gum”;
- Do not feel sorry for yourself.
- Behave as if perfectly healthy!
5) The path of the samurai is a method of rapid deliverance from the PA, which requires great endurance, courage and will.
The essence of the method
Do not try to stop the attack. Concentrate on it, focusing on it. A panic attack is a parasite, feeding on fear and paranoia. If they are not there, there are no seizures!
It is impossible to cope with a panic attack on your own? Then you need the help of a psychologist.
Help of a psychologist in case of panic attacks
The task of psychotherapy in the PA – to understand the unconscious causes of occurrence.
Work takes from a couple of months to a year
- A person is cured of attacks of fear, making sure that he can cope with the panic.
- Panic attacks accompany people who suppress emotions.
- Symptoms of PA are exacerbated by psychosomatics (headache, nausea, etc.).
When the enemy becomes a friend
Panic attacks can be an excellent school of management of feelings. A person who can control seizures copes well with difficulties and does not react to small failures.